Pandle Update: Improving Your Invoice Address Formatting

Pretty much everyone who runs a business knows how important their brand’s public image is. It tells customers what you’re like to work with, and what they can expect from you.

Even the most laid-back businesses need to demonstrate reliability, so clients know they can trust them. Looking professional is crucial, right down to the nitty-gritty details. Which is why our latest update improves the address formatting on your invoices!

Effortless invoicing with maximum polish

We’re passionate (borderline obsessive) about providing Pandle users with bookkeeping tools which go beyond looking after the numbers. It’s because we know that essential everyday tasks such as invoicing clients are also another opportunity to remind them why they do business with you.

Pandle’s Invoicing features allow you to supercharge your whole invoicing process. With customisable layouts to remind clients what your brand is all about, and payment reminders that help you get paid on time, every time. Ker-ching!

Our help centre article explains how to invoice your clients in more detail.

Once created, you can revisit your Customer Invoices at any time under ‘Customers’ in the navigation menu.

Pandle Update: Improving Your Invoice Address Formatting 1

Professional looking invoices at the touch of a button

To help make sure that your business presents exactly the right image to your customers, we’ve updated the way that addresses are displayed on invoices.

This means that the address on the invoice will now display in the same format as the address in your company settings. That way your invoices will be much tidier, which just helps to reassure clients that they were right to do business with you.

Your address information can be found by clicking on the settings icon, and then ‘Company Settings’.

Pandle Update: Improving Your Invoice Address Formatting 2

Then select the ‘Business Address’ tab.

Pandle Update: Improving Your Invoice Address Formatting 3

If you do make any changes, remember to save them by clicking ‘Update Company’ at the end!

Address formatting update

After reading your feedback we’ve made another upgrade to the address formatting in Pandle. It’s included in our UX Improvements Requested by Users update with the full details.

So now each time you invoice a client, your business address will appear on the invoice in the same order as your company details, so you know everything looks exactly as you intended it to.

Pandle Update: Reducing the Risk of Payment Reminder Errors Screenshot 5

You see, there’s no detail too small here at Pandle HQ, if it means making your bookkeeping simpler.

Learn more about our other bookkeeping features of every size, or create your free account to get started.

Charlie Bilsborrow

A digital marketing executive specialising in graphic design, motion graphics and web development. When I'm not working hard making things look jazzy, I can usually be found making comics, playing games or stuck in a book.

Notify of
guest
14 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Jonathan Boardman
Jonathan Boardman
25th March 2021 11:23 pm

A ‘Customer Payment Receipt’ (is what I would really love) Pandle only allows you to generate a statement.

If I want to send an acknowledgement of payment or part payment……. a simple receipt showing the payment method, amount and (if any) outstanding balance, would be extremely useful also encourage customer trust, especially with distance sales and online payments or bacs transfers.

I feel this should be really easy to set up, its all in the transactions and bank feed (anyway) at the moment I have to generate my own receipt download and attach the pdf statement…………. it’s soooo long-winded!

Please add this to the FUTURE DEVELOPMENTS
Kind regards
ESB

Member
26th March 2021 9:19 am

Hi Jonathan, thank you so much for your feedback, things like this are really useful to us. I’ve passed your comments over to the development team! In the meantime, just let us know if you need help with anything.

Member
26th March 2021 10:13 am

Hello again Jonathan, after checking in with our development team, I’m pleased to say we’re currently working on a feature which will enable users to send payment receipts to their customers from Pandle. In the meantime (if it applies), customers who pay through Pandle Pay (Stripe) will automatically get a payment receipt. Thanks again for your feedback, and let me know if you have any other thoughts or questions! Best wishes, Elizabeth

Jonathan Boardman
Jonathan Boardman
26th March 2021 1:15 pm

I came to you from ‘Wave’ when the MTD came into play, I really enjoy the Pandle product and the Live team are always on hand and super helpful.

I use Stripe (if I have to) however with our higher value invoices the % on Stripe is a bit of a hit, although it works seamlessly and is a great tool for any cautious customers, I tend to use Stripe to take a small deposit, prior to order/manufacture.

Pro Templates are still a little bland, but they do the job!
The mobile app is amazing too!

Just one last suggestion –
You can set up a reminder for invoices, the default colour is RED = OVERDUE
it would be great to have softer colour options, maybe sequence, 1st reminder (gentle) 2nd (Required) 3rd (Urgent) 4th (Overdue)

I give my customers a small payment plan, invoice paid over 3-4 payments.

A weekly/monthly statement would be useful for me too.
>> “Hi Customer please find your ‘Company Name’ statement of account/balance” This would be a very soft reminder that there’s still an outstanding balance.

Hope this helps, I feel like it’s in the wrong thread.. LOL!

Last edited 4 months ago by Jonathan Boardman
Member
29th March 2021 9:27 am

Hi Jonathan
That’s lovely to hear, thank you! Your other feedback is really useful for us, and I’ve passed everything to the product development team – thinking caps are on!
Best wishes
Elizabeth

Duncan Drury
Duncan Drury
28th March 2021 3:36 pm

Even in the example above the addresses still look wrong – you have the county name after the postcode. That isn’t how to address mail. Royal Mail have guidance on address formats for the UK and lots of other countries at https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/81/~/how-to-address-your-mail-%28clear-addressing%29

Member
29th March 2021 9:24 am
Reply to  Duncan Drury

Hi Duncan,
Thanks very much for the feedback – I’ll pass that on to the development team. In the meantime, if you have any problems or questions, just let us know and we’ll do all we can to help.
Best wishes
Elizabeth

Cormac Long
Cormac Long
22nd April 2021 11:43 pm
Reply to  Duncan Drury

I have raised this before. Its such a silly mistake. The postcode goes last!

Member
9th June 2021 9:50 am
Reply to  Duncan Drury

Hi Duncan

Just to let you know that we’ve updated the address formatting to UK standard: https://www.pandle.com/blog/2021/06/08/pandle-update-bookkeeping-software-that-puts-the-user-first/

If you have any further feedback or questions, just let me know! Have a great week.

Best wishes

Elizabeth

Brian
Brian
19th April 2021 6:06 pm

I really think that having the company name and customer name in green and blue blocks looks odd and disjointed from the address. I would also like to be able to remove ‘United Kingdom’ from the address. It seems a bit odd to address an invoice to a customer in the same town as yourself using the name of the country you’re in! Just my five cents worth. I don’t want to be too critical about small issues, there’s lots of good things about Pandle.

Member
20th April 2021 8:52 am
Reply to  Brian

Hi Brian
Thanks for the feedback, it’s always useful for us to hear! I’ll pass your comments on to the development team. If you need anything (or think of anything else) just let us know, we’ll do all we can to help.
Very best wishes
Elizabeth

Cormac Long
Cormac Long
22nd April 2021 11:45 pm

Please, please, please fix the address formatting so it meets Uk Standard. The post code should go at the end. I have been requesting this bug be fixed since I joined. As a software developer myself it’s such a simple fix!

Member
26th April 2021 10:35 am
Reply to  Cormac Long

Hi Cormac

Thanks for your message – I’ve sent your feedback to our development team who are looking at this. In the meantime, if you need any help (or have any other suggestions for us), please do let us know!

Very best wishes

Elizabeth

Member
9th June 2021 9:48 am
Reply to  Cormac Long

Hi Cormac

We’ve updated the address formatting to UK standard: https://www.pandle.com/blog/2021/06/08/pandle-update-bookkeeping-software-that-puts-the-user-first/

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any further feedback, it’s always welcome.

Have a lovely week,